Comedies françaises: a wishlist

19 septembre, 2006 |

During one of our previous meetings, we talked about French movies at my table. And I got an assignment that evening. Un devoir. As you may know, you can create wishlists on Amazon.com, which you can share with your friends - and provide them with suggestions when buying you presents : )
Anyway, I created a wishlist of French Comedies, available online, or in local libraries. Many of the French classics are unfortunately not represented here, because they are not available in this country. I always thought that humor doesn't travel well from country to country (see the disaster that was the adaptation of "Les Visiteurs" for american consumption to "Just Visiting"). For this reason, I suppose, movies like "La vache", "Le corniaud", "Les bronzés", or "Papi fait de la résistance" won't make it over here any time soon.

Until then, here is a list of French comedies I can recommend to you. Maybe you have seen some of these movies. If you enjoyed them, let everyone know. If you have other suggestions, let them know as well. If you have your own wishlist that you would like to share, send it to me, and I will post it.

Patrick

0 commentaires: